Dear Mr. Tan,
I have just received in the mail, details of the Grow & Share package. Frankly, it should be called the "buy votes for the PAP" package, as it is timed for the coming general election. I received a letter that tells me what I can get as a dividend and the rebate of income tax - which I can understand. The accompanying brochure shows the benefits to the household. This is the part that I do not understand. In total, there are 10 items, but I do not know which items apply to me and how much.
There are two glowing examples of the benefit for a family of 4 people living in a 3 room HDB flat and a family of 5 living in a 5-room HDB flat I do not fall under any of these categories. How can I find out what is the benefit that my family will get? Why does the government make it so complicated for the Singaporeans? Why can't they reduce the GST or remove some of the taxes and levies?
I also find it difficult to figure out what the benefits are and will usually ignore these complicated packages. If the money comes into my bank account, it is all right. If not, it does not really matter to me. The government said that the benefits are targeted. Some people say that it is a convoluted approach - typical of Singapore. (Meaning of convoluted - extremely complex).
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
04/17 - 04/24
- Family Life Game
- HDB loan and Gen Y
- Learn the national language
- Why I join the SDP
- Dr. Susan Lim on TED
- Nicole Seah stands against GCT
- Should DPM Wong resign over Mas Selamat?
- Impartial civil service
- Affordable HDB flats
- SGEP is getting many visitors
- Message to undergraduates
- Singapore Democratic Party has rebuilt a positive ...
- Candidates speak on Razor TV
- Shape Quiz
- Logic Quiz
- Financial planning tool and handbook
- HDB flat prices and median income
- Nicole Seah and Tin Pei Ling
- Financial Planning book - English and Chinese vers...
- SDP team for the General Election 2011
- Travel insurance
- Ballooning land cost
- Party political broadcast - 5 years back
- Comparing credentials
- Dolmabache palace, Istanbul
- Yeo Toon Joo's open letter to the government
- The black surgeon
- Funding unemployment insurance
- Contest in Tampines GRC -HSK and GMS
- Personal attacks on Worker Party Chen will backfir...
- Family Life - 3 games daily
- Critical illness coverage
- Singapore Election Portal
- Is the government representative?
- Survey - LKY to contest in the general election 20...
- Investment Alerts
- A Government Gone Wild
- A New Earth and Wisdom on How to Live Life
- Unemployment insurance
- No campaigning on 6 May 2011
- Sombre mood in Aljunid GRC
- E-mail scam
- Catherine Lim presents a little tale
- A scam - asking money to pay hotel bills
- Famous quotes from our leaders
- Mapletree Commercial Trust
- Security - a scam?
- Political parties in Finnland
- LKY will contest the general election
- Gas at $4 a gallon
- Is the President's Salary reasonable?
- Real medical cost in Singapore
- Buy motor insurance directly
- Don't cry over split milk?
- Survey - Voting in general election 2011 - interim...
- Chee Soon Juan speaks in Hokkien
- Your vote at the general election 2011
- FISCA website
- Probate and letter of administration
- Grow and Share package - difficult to figure out
- Film - Inside Job
- ▼ 04/17 - 04/24 (61)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)