Hi Mr. Tan,
I follow your blog, and there's more and more story about ILP charges. Sadly, I also have ILP policy with this "P" insurance company. When I signed the policy, I thought that's the only insurance model I can have with some value return. As for term insurance, initially, I thought it's not good since the policy doesn't return any value at the end.
But, as I read your blog, I understand that "Buy Term and Invest the Rest" might be a better model. However. it's too late for me, as the ILP has been signed about 1.5 years ago, and as you already know, the cash value is so little at this time. As I will still be charged by premium cost for another 1-2 years (which might be around 50%), do you think I should surrender this policy now?
Since current ILP model mostly doesn't give proper benefit to customer, and only gives heavy benefit to insurance agent, why don't the government ban this insurance model? Or at least make some regulation for the size of the initial premium charge? Government has done similar to the Sales Charge of Unit Trust, which only allows 3% sales charge to the Unit Trust (if it's invested using CPF), which as expected, followed by the reduction of sales charge by almost all institution or bank.
I look forward to your "Wealth Accumulator" product. Hope it will be an "innovation" that will be followed by other insurance company to provide better benefit for customer. May I know how you will realize/market this product?
If you are willing to cut loss, you can terminate the ILP policy now and save on the high charges for the next few years. I hope to get a new insurance company to offer the Wealth Accumulator product later in 2008.
Read this FAQ to learn about the Wealth Accumulator:
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
04/06 - 04/13
- Avoid buying a private car
- High price of rice
- Are Bernanke's Hands Tied?
- STI Exchange Traded Fund- Liquidity
- Government bonds
- Honest advice on existing policies
- Bonuses under Life Insurance Policies
- Solve Parking Woes
- Contact a high level person
- Exchange Traded Fund
- Bonus projections of life insurance policies
- Armed robbery in Singapore
- Wider choice of cards for public transport
- Haphazard projections
- Large American Airlines
- Transfer of shares on death of shareholder
- Life and term insurance
- High yield in the past years will not be repeated
- Inadequate parking spaces
- Shortages and bubbles
- Timing the market
- Advice from a financial planner
- Single premium endowment
- Poll: local bus serivce
- Poll: Makeover at Orchard Road
- Read the small print
- Term Insurance with Cashback
- American Depository Receipt (ADR)
- CPF pays higher interest than treasury bills
- Income Tax Relief
- Products that are good for customers
- At the expense of customers
- More Trust & Faith in Our Younger Generation
- Customer Service in Singapore
- Terminate an existing policy?
- Being accessible to customers
- Immediate or deferred annuity
- Lyxor Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Future role of the intermediary
- Excellent Customer Service
- 5 year Single Premium Endowment
- Should MAS ban high cost products?
- High charges of ILP policy
- Keen interest in Wealth Accumulator
- Disappointing service at Business Center
- ▼ 04/06 - 04/13 (45)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)