Dear Mr Tan,
I've been reading your blog for more than a year and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Can you help me with the following queries.
1) I bought a Living policy for my daughter 4 years ago. I have read your articles which encourage investment in large, low cost fund. I am thinking of terminating the living policy and using the surrender value to invest in NTUC Income's Flexi-Link plan. I guess the better, long term return should exceed the loss of about $1,000 loss on surrendering the living policy. Appreciate your advice.
Reply: I agree with you. It is probably better to make the switch and get a better long term return. However, the stockmarket is still quite volatile. Perhaps you can wait until it stabilises before you make this change?
2) My husband also bought two endowment policies some 10 years ago and he has been using his CPF fund to pay for the yearly premiums. With the new CPF changes, I read that members can continue to service their regular premium insurance policies but NOT recurring single premium insurance policies even if their CPF balance falls below $20,000. May I know whether the yearly premiums for my husband's policies are considered as regular or recurring single premiums?
Reply: An endowment policy is considered as regular premium. So, your husband should be able to continue to get the annual premium paid through CPF.
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
12/16 - 12/23
- Different Types of Investment Funds
- A marketing tool
- Agent to source for quotes
- Invest for the long term
- Family Insurance
- Invest in Bonds
- Happy Holidays
- Top up your relatives CPF accounts
- How to make your CPF money work HARDER
- A new way to publish a book
- Reverse Mortgage
- Book on Logic Quiz
- Swan Lake at the Esplanade
- Investing in each other's products
- Term with critical illness cover
- Big writeoffs for sub-prime losses
- Horrified by shark attacks?
- Insurance agents who look after your interest
- Charges of an Investment Linked Plan (ILP)
- Innovative, animated, e-greeting card
- Living policy actively promoted in the past
- ILP and Unit Trust
- Promoting Swan Lake
- Visitors to my blog
- Buy Term Insurance Directly
- Pay less for your motor insurance
- Swan Lake - tell your friends
- Critical Illness Policy for $250,000
- Sudoku Workshop at Bishan
- SuperSIV Bailout Fund
- Flexi Link and CPF policies
- Logic Quiz A-8
- Taxi service in Singapore
- Light buses in Hong Kong
- CEO uses public transport
- How much to insure for critical illness?
- Money Market Fund
- Invest the year-end bonus
- Swan Lake - the story
- Investing in volatile market conditions
- Swan Lake, 20 - 23 December, Esplanade
- Renewal of motor insurance
- Forward Pricing of Unit Trust
- Buy Motor Insurance Directly
- Buy Term Insurance Directly
- Investment-linked plan with high distribution cost...
- NTUC Income's Money Market Fund
- Government Bonds
- Search my blog
- Logic Quiz A-7
- Logic Quizzes at my website
- Answers to 6J16, 6A19
- Good chance to win the Sudoku Challenge
- Bid and Offer prices of Unit Trust
- Sudoku Challenge 6 and 13 January 2008
- Sudoku (Logic9) workshop
- How long does it take to solve a Logic Quiz?
- Lower the cost of insurance
- Types of Liability
- Corporate governance and risk management
- Answer to J17, A17
- Use credit card to buy shares?
- Logic Quiz 6A-19
- Logic Quiz 6J-17
- ▼ 12/16 - 12/23 (65)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)