George Phillips on the Gold Coast, Australia was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window.
George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.
He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?" and he said "no". Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when available. George said, "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again.
"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I've just shot them." Then he hung up.
Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response Unit, and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence and caught the burglars red-handed.
One of the Policemen said to George: "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"
George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"
Lesson: Don't Mess Around with Old People
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
12/02 - 12/09
- High Oil Price
- Live near your place of work
- Don't Mess Around with Old People
- Alpha (Investment)
- Medical Insurance
- SuperSIV Bailout Fund
- Invest in Low Cost Funds
- Decreasing Term Insurance for the Young
- Financial Planning and Inflation
- Do you really understand structured products?
- No Lock-in Period
- Endowment and whole life products
- Know what you'll get from your investment
- Little Red.SG
- Invest the Difference
- Critical illness premium
- Are you on the sucker's list?
- Avoid ILP policy with high charge
- Mud Flood in Indonesia
- Insurance for a lady
- Term Insurance is guaranteed for the duration
- Articles by Dr Money - MUST READ
- Structured Product with Guaranteed Return
- Remain invested until 90 years old
- Tips on insurance for a new Graduate
- Low cost investment fund
- 9 things to ask your insurance adviser
- Visit the Adviser
- Reduce business costs
- Get adequate coverage
- Traffic accident - How to lodge a claim
- Compensation for Injuries in Traffic Accidents
- Motor Insurance Quote
- Discipline of regular savings
- Measures to improve the taxi service
- Want to buy life insurance?
- Look after the best interest of policyholders
- All you need is $250 a month
- Term to 65
- Secure Portal for Financial Information
- Flexible Savings Plan
- Hidden Expenses of Unit Trusts and ILPs
- Education Fund and Inflation
- Are you paying too much for your insurance?
- Sinking Funds of Town Councils
- Higher Motor Insurance
- Pension in Australia
- Impact of inflation on financial planning
- Invest in Gold
- Life in Taipei
- The 3 Most Timelss Investment Principles
- ▼ 12/02 - 12/09 (51)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)