I have been taking public transport (i.e. bus and train) for the past 6 months. Here are my experiences.
Advnantages of public transport:
1. Better than driving. No worry about congested roads or finding a parking space.
2. More economical. No need to pay expensive ERP and parking charges
3. More relaxing, especially if I can find a seat. If not, I can rest standing up.
4. Taxis are expensive, especially due to the peak hour and other surcharges.
What are the disadvantages of public transport?
2. Long waiting time.
Considering the advantages and disadvantages, my preference is still public transport.
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
10/14 - 10/21
- Adequate coverage for critical illness
- Lee Kum Tatt's Blog
- Excessive charges
- Look after interest of consumers
- More capacity for public transport
- Advantages of public transport
- Spirit of Enterprise Award, 2007
- The economics of public transport
- New concept in town planning
- Adequate cover for critical illness
- Can legal issues be simplified?
- Nearly 50 years ago
- Disability income insurance
- Life in China, Singapore and America
- About Money
- Convert from Medishield to Incomeshield
- Investing tips for a young person
- Personal Rapid Transport - for the future
- Investing in an residential REIT
- Personal Rapid Transit - better than taxi
- How to invest $100,000
- Legal fee paid to Jonathan Lock
- Determine liability for an accident
- Personal Rapid Transit
- New Urbanism - a movement
- New Urbanism
- ▼ 10/14 - 10/21 (28)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)