Hi Mr Tan,
I find the calculation of the medical insurance claim to be difficult. Why should there be so many deductions from the hospital bill? Most people pay a premium, and want the insurance company to take care of the entire bill. Is there a simpler insurance plan?
The simpler plan (which I prefer) is a plan that pays a fixed sum (say $200) for each day of stay in a hospital. This is simple for the customer, and for the insurance company. It is call a "hospital cash" plan.
This plan will pay a substantial part of the hospital bill. It also gives the incentive for the patient to find out the most cost effective treatment (rather than incur a large bill). The patient can consult the insurance company for advice on where to get the cost effective treatment.
This approach is best for all parties - the consumer, the insurance company and the medical provider.
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
07/15 - 07/22
- Invest in a low cost fund
- Renewal of motor insurance
- A cooperative has to answer to its members
- Underlying assets of structured products
- Consumer Protection on Mortgages - USA Experience
- Negative aspects of Singapore system
- The Day When Singapore Panicked
- Credit card for students?
- Singapore Dollar and the Carry Trade
- Sub-prime mortgages in America
- Good financial products
- Structured products in America
- Customer-friendly Call Center
- Give your full name
- Logic9 (Sudoku)
- An efficient public service
- Well rated Bonds
- Risk of credit default
- Cash back on a Term Policy
- What's bad about the Singapore system?
- Confusing Message
- Owned by the people
- CPF or life annuity
- Did you invest in these structured products?
- Risks of investing in Structured Products
- Credit Default Swaps
- Pinnacle Notes - 2 views
- Pinnacle Notes - do you know the risks?
- Good experience with structured products
- Return from various types of investments
- A customer focused organisation
- CASE Website
- Use of ATM in other countries
- Surgical Schedule
- A simple medical insurance product
- What product is suitable for my age group?
- How can CPF be improved to give a better return?
- What's good about Singapore
- National Day - Sudoku (Logic9)
- ▼ 07/15 - 07/22 (40)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)