It is easy to get a taxi in Kuala Lumpur. If you wait at a taxi stop outside a shopping complex, a taxi will appear soon. There is a queue of taxis waiting for passengers at the KL Sentral station.
I understand that the taxi service in Singapore used to be like this many years ago. But not any more now.
Some commuters complained that it is quite difficult to get a taxi during the busy period. You can wait in the taxi stop for a long time without any taxi appearing. The only way to get a taxi is to make a call and pay an additional fee of $2.50 or $4.
Some taxi drivers prefer to wait for a call, rather than pick up a passenger at the taxi stop.
To prevent this bad habit, some commuters have asked for the call fee to be abolished.
I think that the call fee should be allowed, but it should be reduced to $1. This will remove the incentive for the taxi driver to wait for a call.
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
03/25 - 04/01
- Websites that impose their password pattern
- Income Tax Returns for 2007
- Invest in fixed deposit for one month
- How to cope with the next recession
- Security check at Changi Airport
- Court fines
- Pays 20 years for a whole life policy
- Sudoku fan enjoys birthday gift
- My name, Liang
- Know a city through its train system
- Alvin Soong's Blog
- Thomas Phua's Blog
- Better to invest in the Money Market
- Taxi service in Singapore
- Importance of values in our life
- Commuter train service in Kuala Lumpur
- Taxi service in Kuala Lumpur
- Traffic congestion in Kuala Lumpur
- Technology for car pooling to an event
- My vision of the public transport system
- My childhood
- High oil prices and the stockmarket
- Good experience with Wireless@SG
- Monday Interview in Straits Times
- The Woman behind Dr. Lee Kum Tatt
- A better transport system
- Shuttle bus to an event
- Market Salaries for Top People
- Google Mail
- Active use of PDA
- Active Blogs
- An excellent ballet, Coppellia
- ▼ 03/25 - 04/01 (33)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)