I was jogging 8 laps around Yio Chu Kang stadium this morning.
I wondered, "why the jog damage my knees?" I heard that many joggers had this problem.
The solution? See a doctor. Each person is different. So, the doctor can give advice that is suitable for me.
I pay the doctor a fee for the consultation. The doctor is required to give advice in my best interest and not to prescribe treatment that earns more money from him (at my expense).
The same situation applies to financial advice. Each person should have a financial checkup that is appropriate for his needs. The financial adviser should earn a fee for the consultation and should not recommend a product that earns the highest commission (at the expense of the customer).
Actually, financial matters may be quite straightforward for most people. They can learn some basic tips, and take the best decision for themselves.
My tips are simple. They are covered many times in my blog. Read about them. I advice my family and friends to follow these tips.
- ► 2013 (349)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
03/11 - 03/18
- Sub-prime mortgages in America
- Motor Insurance, through an agent
- NUS Lifelong Learning courses
- Visit interesting places in Singapore
- Importance of Great Teachers
- Dance Appreciation Series at the Esplanade
- Watch the ballet, Coppelia
- Return from different types of investments?
- How to deal with volatile stockmarkets
- Ask for a lift
- Ethical issues
- Logic9 - why it is a better version of Sudoku
- Mahjong helps to prevent dementia
- Navigation system for Taxis
- How to take a bus to your home
- A role model for Dr Lee Kum Tatt
- Public Transport Guide
- Book: The Essential Drucker
- Lifelong learning course
- News interview on the bus
- Underground link to Raffles Place
- Buy a term insurance (including critical illness c...
- Concession fares for senior citizens
- How to improve the taxi service
- Take care of your medication
- Difficult to bid for COE (to buy a car)
- Competition and partnership
- Teach the young to be considerate
- The Blue Rose
- Singapore Dance Theatre
- Spirit of Enterprice - how it started
- Responding to a business proposal
- A new way of marketing
- How to promote creativity
- Family with 4 small children
- Similarity between a medical and financial checkup...
- ▼ 03/11 - 03/18 (36)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)