I will try to build up a demand for part time work for seniors, between age 50 to 75.
The suitable work are those around the neighbourhood. This is to avoid travel long distance. The types of work are:
* customer service in shops, bus terminus, MRT stations
* nursing and care of elderly, children and disabled
* administrative work to support small business
A suitable rate is $6 per hour. A higher rate is justified for work that require special skills.
The part time work can be for 25 hours a week or 100 hours a month. At the rate of $6, the earnings can be $600. The government provides the Workfare Bonus which can add another $50 a month.
As the seniors have probably retired from full time work, a monthly income of $600 to $800 can be a useful supplement to their savings. It is also useful to keep occupied.
I hope that this can lead to the creation of many service jobs in the neighbourhood.
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
02/04 - 02/11
- Thank you for your gift of leadership to Singapore...
- How do I find a trustworthy agent?
- Motorist have trouble in claiming against a Malays...
- My wish list for Budget 2007
- Difficult to access my blog?
- Do I need an Insurance Adviser?
- Bullet Train to Kuala Lumpur
- Transparent home loan rates
- Strong interest in jobs for mature workers
- Secure Folder
- A heart warming message
- A new look for my blog
- A fairer, better alternative to the queue?
- Sell SingTel shares
- Poor return from Umbrella policy
- eServices at South West CDC
- A hybrid plan
- Volatile Singapore Stockmarket
- Looking for a part time Personal Assistant
- Website to learn about insurance
- Can I change my fund to reduce risk?
- Every 6 years?
- Part Time Work for Seniors
- Traffic Congestion in Many Cities
- Choice of Insurance Plans
- ▼ 02/04 - 02/11 (25)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)